July 18th, Monday, 3-4:30pm
1. Charles Dela Cruz, MD, PhD (Yale Medicine; Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine)
"Chitinase and chitinase-like proteins in lung infections"
2. Daniel Weinberger, PhD (Yale Public Health; EPH)
"Bacterial-viral coinfections and potential implications for vaccine impact”
September 19th, Monday, 3-4:30pm
1. Melinda Pettigrew, PhD (Prof Epidemiology (EPH); Dept Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases)
"Molecular epidemiologic studies of antibiotic resistance, community acquired pneumonia and COPD"
2. Emanuela Bruscia, PhD (Assistant Prof; Dept Pediatrics)
"Impaired Pseudomonas aeruginosa clearance by macrophage in Cystic Fibrosis"
Nov 21st, Monday, 3-4:30pm
1. Paul Turner, Ph.D. Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
"Using phage therapy to target virulence and reverse antibiotic resistance in MDR bacteria.”
2. Ellen Foxman, M.D., Ph.D. Assistant Professor, Laboratory Medicine
"Antiviral defense in the airway epithelium”
January 30th, Monday, 3-4:30pm
1) Lucian (Luke) Davis, MD, MAS, Epidemiology of Microbial Diseases, Yale School of Public Health, and Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Yale.
"What transcriptomics can teach us about host-pathogen interactions in patients with active TB?"
2) Jason Crawford, PhD, Chemistry and Microbial Pathogenesis, Yale School of Medicine.
"Decoding specialized bacterial metabolic pathways in the human micro biome”